EPISCOPAL MUSICIAN'S HANDBOOK 2021-2022
65th Edition, Lectionary Year C, 2021-2022. The Episcopal Musician’s Handbook is the essential tool for assisting clergy, musicians and the laity in preparing meaningful worship in the Anglican tradition. Read more
65th Edition, Lectionary Year C, 2021-2022. The Episcopal Musician’s Handbook is the essential tool for assisting clergy, musicians and the laity in preparing meaningful worship in the Anglican tradition. Two facing pages are assigned to every Sunday and every major Holy Day of the year.
The left-hand page contains the date, liturgical observance, customary color, collect, Sunday lections from the Revised Common Lectionary, proper preface, and hymn listings from The Hymnal 1982, Lift Every Voice and Sing II, and Wonder, Love, and Praise. The right-hand page grids are worksheets on which to plan service music. Extra planning pages are included for Christmas, Easter and Pentecost, and hymn checklists at the back of the book allow you to keep track of usage. Hymn suggestions are matched to the theme of the gospel, lessons, collect or season.
The book follows the Revised Common Lectionary (Year C) and begins with the Advent. Hymn and service music selections for Sundays and Holy Days are from: The Hymnal 1982; Lift Every Voice and Sing II; Wonder, Love, and Praise; and Voices Found. Reference pages for Choral Services, The Sung Eucharist, and Tables of Canticles and Psalms are also included. Please note that this book does not include anthem suggestions.
The Handbook includes:
- Guidance for planning hymns that fit the propers of the day
- A complete index of all the service music in The Hymnal 1982, including the Appendix
- Psalms pointed to plainsong chant for each season
- Scripture summaries
- Helpful tips for those new to leading music in the Episcopal Church
- PLUS, reference pages for planning music for Holy Baptism, Confirmation, Celebration and Blessing of Marriage, Ordination, Burial of the Dead, Advent Service of Lessons and Carols, Patronal Festival, Anniversary of the Dedication of a Church, and much more