The Episcopal Musician’s Handbook is the essential tool for assisting clergy, musicians and the laity in preparing meaningful worship in the Anglican tradition. The handbook has two facing pages for every Sunday and every major holy day of the year. The left-hand page contains the date, liturgical observance, customary color, collect, Sunday lections from the Revised Common Lectionary, proper preface, and hymn listings from The Hymnal 1982, Lift Every Voice and Sing II, and Wonder, Love, and Praise. The right-hand grids are worksheets on which to plan service music. Christmas, Easter and Pentecost have extra planning pages. The hymn check lists at the back of the book allow you to keep track of usage. Hymns in most cases carry the themes of the gospel, lessons, or collect. Hymns appropriate to the season are also included.
- Simple guide for planning hymns that fit the propers of the day.
- Small congregation friendly.
- Complete index of all the service music in The Hymnal 1982, including the Appendix.
- Psalms pointed to plainsong chant for each season.
- Helpful tips for those new to leading music in the Episcopal Church.