This colorful low-cost paperback Catholic Bible is designed to appeal to young Catholics looking for a clear, easy to read introduction to the Scripture. The Good News Bible uses Standard English in paragraph format and features a “quick look” at each book, maps, word lists, and suggestions on how to read the Bible devotionally. The Good News Bible is a popular Catholic Bible that’s inexpensive enough for outreach ministries.
Distinctive Features of this edition on the Good News Bible:
- Imprimatur: Granted by the President of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Easy-To-Read Bible Text: Highly-trusted version of the Bible in everyday language translated from the original language by members of the American Bible Society’s Translation Team
- Book Introductions and Outlines: A “quick look” for each book of the Bible
- Maps and Word List: Handy reference maps and alphabetized listing of people, places, objects, events, and more!
- Chronology of the Bible: Timetable of events beginning with creation up to the first century A.D.
- What’s in the Bible: A brief summary of every book in the Bible and a handy chart that provides an overview of all the books that make up the Bible.
- How to Read the Bible: Simple suggestions on how to read the Bible devotionally and keep notes.
- Reading for Special Days: A guide to passages for reading on special days-Christmas, Easter-even your own Birthday!
- Read through the Bible in a Year: Easy-to-follow daily Bible reading plan.
- Famous Passages of the Bible: A guide to Scripture passages that can help when you may be facing a difficult problem or special challenge.
- What the Bible Says About God’s Forgiveness: A guide to passages in the Bible that speak of God’s great love for you.