In Entering the Passion of Jesus: A Beginner’s Guide to Holy Week, author, professor, and biblical scholar Amy-Jill Levine explores the biblical texts surrounding the Passion story. She shows us how the text raises ethical and spiritual questions for the reader, and how we all face risk in our Christian experience.
Entering the Passion of Jesus provides a rich and challenging learning experience for small groups and individual readers alike.
The book’s six chapters include:
- Jerusalem: Risking Reputation
- The Temple: Risking Righteous Anger
- Teachings: Risking Challenge
- The First Dinner: Risking Rejection
- The Last Supper: Risking the Loss of Friends
- Gethsemane: Risking Temptation