The product of dozens of this country's finest biblical scholars, the HarperCollins Bible Dictionary is the most complete, up-to-date, and accessible guide for the study of the Bible available today. This newly condensed edition makes that acclaimed resource available in an easy-to-use size.
Perfect for church Bible study groups, home schools, high schools, colleges, or personal study, this edition contains all the important names, places, and subjects that make Bible study come to life, including the patriarchs, judges, kings, and prophets, and the world of the New Testament and the early church. Other significant topics include the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Nag Hammadi Library, the archaeology of the biblical world, and the history of the English Bible.
- Over 3,000 lively, informative, and easy-to-use entries
- A helpful pronunciation guide
- More than 50 detailed maps
- Informative charts, graphs, and timelines
- Hundreds of photos and illustrations